Supplement your high deductible
Benefits and Highlights of RCHI*:
- Guaranteed-acceptance** – No medical questions/exams required.
- Plans start at $74.30 per month.
- Three plan types are available (Platinum, Physician, and Value).
- Next day coverage is available. Note: there is a 12-month condition limitation on all hospital or surgical related expenses.
- You have freedom to choose any provider (a PPO network is included for added savings).
- The plans provide assignable benefits – the medical provider bills the insurance company directly.
- No contract needed. Plans have a 10-day money back guarantee.
- Benefits include: doctor office visits, wellness visits, emergency room benefits, surgery benefits, a prescription discount card and more.
- Underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company, rated A (“Excellent”) by A.M. Best
* Subject to limitations and exclusions.
** Based on eligibility (age, active NAR membership, and state availability)
REALTORS® Core Health Insurance (RCHI) provides guaranteed acceptance*, affordable Limited Medical Indemnity plans which are exclusively designed and priced specifically for NAR members, ages 18-64. Simply put, RCHI provides supplemental coverage for your everyday healthcare needs – helping fill the gaps in your health insurance coverage.
Who Can Benefit?
RCHI is ideal for NAR members who have high deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses with their current major medical plan. RCHI is a great supplement to assist with everyday healthcare needs and fill gaps left by your major medical plan.
Limited Medical vs. Major Medical
It is important to understand the difference between Major Medical (comprehensive coverage) and Limited Medical insurance. Major Medical provides catastrophic coverage and high limits of coverage (typically $1 million or more). Limited Medical Indemnity (RCHI) provides the guarantee of affordable insurance but limits its coverage to everyday illnesses and accidents. In addition, the maximum benefits paid in each medical situation are capped.
NOTE: REALTORS® Core Health Insurance plans do not meet the mandated coverage necessary to avoid penalty under the Affordable Care Act.
Combining a supplement plan such as the REALTORS® Core Health Insurance plan with a High Deductable Health Plan (HDHP) or Catastrophic Major Medical Plan can lower the cost of your overall insurance premium and might even increase your health benefits.