This Major Medical Health Insurance Exchange provides NAR members with access to qualified (ACA) major medical insurance plans. Here, you can research health insurance information, obtain quotes, compare plans, and purchase directly online. All of the insurance plans offered in the Major Medical Health Insurance Exchange are Affordable Care Act qualified plans from top-rated insurance carriers.
How do I know what to do?
Based on where you live, you will have to visit your State or the Federal Exchange. Please see this guide, where we explain where you should begin looking for health insurance
»» Get Started With Your Enrollment ««
The Major Medical Health Insurance Exchange provides easy access to ACA-qualified health plans, including:
- HMOs (Health Maintenance Organization)
- PPOs (Preferred Provider Organization)
- High Deductible health plans
- Health Savings Account qualified high deductible health plans
The Exchange allows you to quickly sort ACA-qualified plans by multiple variables, including carrier, deductible(s), price, types of plans, types of coverage, and more.
Complimentary consultative services are a key part of the benefits available to you and this service is available year-round. Benefit specialists are available via phone to personally consult and advise you on your individual insurance needs. Whether it’s a traditional plan or other innovative options offered as an alternative or as part of a cost-saving strategy. Get help today at 1-877-267-3752.
What happens if I miss Open Enrollment?
Outside of Open Enrollment, you may enroll in a major medical health insurance plan only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. These Special Enrollment Periods (SEPs) are based on certain triggering events. Triggering events that permit a Special Enrollment Period include but are not limited to:
- Marriage or Divorce • Adoption/Placement of Child • Job Loss • Determination that an individual is newly eligible or ineligible for premium tax credits or a change in eligibility for cost-sharing reductions • Permanent move to an area where different QHPs are available
In most cases, your eligibility for a SEP will extend for 60 days from the date of the triggering event.